Ensuring your vehicles are not only insured but logged with the central Motor Insurance Database (MID) is of paramount importance for managing a fleet in a compliant and efficient manner, failure to do so within the required timescale will result in fines for the company. The MID is the central store of all vehicle insurance policies and is what the police and the authorities use to check that your vehicle is covered.
Questions you may ask:
- How do I keep my vehicles up-to-date on the database?
- Can I check my current fleet status on the database?
- Is my insurance provision adequate for what I need?
- Which vehicles need to be covered by insurance and when?
- How do I ensure my grey fleet drivers insurance is adequate for business use?
- Can duty of care and driver training initiatives reduce my insurance premium?
Key Considerations for insurance management
- Scope of requirement
- Insurers individual requirements
- Type of insurance
- Claims process
- Data Integrity
- Speed of update
- Legal liability in the event of incorrect data
How we can help?
As we are independent, we have a number of strategic partners who offer a variety of solutions and pricing for different needs.
We know what is available and what may be the best fit for your specific needs.
Technology is moving quickly and dependent on how you operate today, some of the latest technology may offer you a better and more cost effective solution.
We start by getting to know your businesses specific requirements. We can then identify Insurance and MID solutions that are aligned to your bespoke business needs.
We come back with a series of recommendations. You choose the best options for you. We can then implement and manage the suppliers on your behalf ensuring benefits are realised and that your business is fully compliant.