The costs to your business of having accidents can be considerable with on average 30% of fleet vehicles incurring some element of accident or damage cost every year. This can also be a very stressful time for the driver involved.
By managing accidents and events effectively and on a timely basis businesses can significantly reduce repair costs and vehicle downtime whilst ensuring the fleet is compliant with health and safety regulations.
Managing the logistics of vehicle incidents from the initial report through to repair and insurance claims and then getting the vehicle back on the road, is a complex and time consuming exercise which requires careful organisation.
This could be some of the questions to ask.
Questions you may ask:
- Who do you call in the event of an accident?
- Where can I get the replacement vehicle?
- Who determines if the vehicle is safe to drive?
- If another vehicle is involved what should my driver do at the scene?
- Who deals with the insurers and third party claims?
- Who manages the repairs and at what cost?
- How do I get the driver back up and running quickly?
- Where do I go for legal support?
- How do I liaise with the police, does the incident need to be reported?
- What lessons can be learnt from the incidents to avoid them reoccuring?
Key considerations for Accident Management
Providing accident management services can involve lots of different elements, some of which are listed below:
- Driver contact/helpline
- Vehicle downtime
- Legal support
- Third party claims support
- Replacement vehicles
- Police liaison
- Accident claims management
- Insurance claim liaison
- Safe to drive guidance
- Accident repairs
How we can help?
As we are independent, we have a number of strategic partners who offer a variety of solutions and pricing for different needs.
We know what is available and what may be the best fit for your specific needs.
Technology is moving quickly and dependent on how you operate today, some of the latest technology may offer you a better and more cost effective solution.
We start by getting to know your businesses specific requirements. We can then identify Accident Management solutions that are aligned to your bespoke business needs.
We come back with a series of recommendations. You choose the right one for you. We can then implement and manage the supplier on your behalf ensuring benefits are realised.