Maintenance and repair costs represent a significant proportion of fleet spend and vehicle downtime impacts business operations therefore its critical to ensure spend is planned effectively to maximise uptime and efficiencies.
New innovations in technology mean maintenance events and services can be planned with more accuracy than ever before and unscheduled events should occur less frequently. In order to take advantage of these technological developments fleets are required to use the data available to effectively and learn from maintenance events.
Questions you may ask:
- How can I see the projected maintenance costs for a specific vehicle in my fleet?
- How do I know I am not overpaying for servicing?
- Am I on the best tyre deal?
- Is my tyre policy right?
- Am I incurring too much downtime relative to my fleet?
- What maintenance package should I be on?
- How do i ensure my drivers tyres are legal?
- How can I ensure I get value for money for the right replacement vehicle policy but at the right cost?
Key considerations for maintenance and tyres
It is one of the largest components of fleet costs and there are lots of considerations and options to take into account when deciding how the service should be provided,
Some areas to consider include:
- Manufacturer extended warranties
- Main franchised dealers or non franchised
- Manufacturer warranty negotiations
- Dealer location & proximity
- Tyre policy - fixed or per month
- Driver damage policy
- Driver rebilling
- Budget forecasting
- Budget management
- Authorisation management
- Replacement car provision
- Courtesy car
- Booking service
This is not intended as a comprehensive list but gives an idea into some of the areas you need to consider when determining what service is right for you.
How we can help?
As we are independent, we have a number of strategic partners who offer a variety of solutions and pricing for different needs.
We know what is available and what may be the best fit for your specific needs.
Technology is moving quickly and dependent on how you operate today, some of the latest technology may offer you a better and more cost effective solution.
We start by getting to know your businesses specific requirements. We can then identify maintenance strategies that are aligned to your bespoke business needs.
We come back with a series of recommendations. You choose the right one for you. We can then implement and manage the supplier on your behalf ensuring benefits are realised.