If you own your company vehicle fleet ensuring you maximise sales value when the vehicle has reached an age and mileage that requires replacement is critical to managing total cost of ownership.
There are lots of options available when it comes to remarketing your fleet vehicles from traditional channels such as auction, employee sales and trade ins to online auction portals and manufacturer buybacks. Each sales channel has pros and cons so choosing the right method and ensuring the operational process is efficient will ensure that your fleet costs are minimised.
Questions you may ask:
- When is the optimal time to dispose of a vehicle?
- How should I dispose of it to maximise my sales value?
- Should I get my vehicles repaired prior to sale, does it make sense costs vs return?
- Should I recharge driver damage?
- What documents do I need for the sale process?
- What colour / specification should I choose to maximise my sales value?
How does it work?
Remarketing can be complex involving some of the following activities:
- Replacement cycle planning
- Documentation audit
- Sales disposal channel planning
- Driver sales policy
- Pre replacement sales activity
- Sales channel selection
- Sales location planning
- Driver handover process
- Damage estimation and billing
- Funds receipt and checking
- Funds compliance checking
How can we help?
As we are independent, we have a number of strategic partners who offer a variety of solutions and pricing for different needs.
We know the remarketing channels that are available and could maximise your vehicle sales value.
Technology is moving quickly and dependent on how you operate today, some of the latest technology may offer you a better and more cost effective solution.
We start by getting to know your businesses specific requirements. We can then identify remarketing solutions that are aligned to your bespoke business needs.
We come back with a series of recommendations. You choose the right one for you. We can then implement and manage the supplier on your behalf ensuring benefits are realised.